Monday, August 24, 2009

Nearing the End.....of logs that is

Burned up my last 2 disposable vacation days for the year and put in a 5 day work week. Wanted to finish up the log walls and nearly made that goal. Still have 4 more logs to go. Dad was working with me again (Thanks Pops, wouldn't be close to this point without you) and we managed to put up 13 logs. Considering our previous high was 9 I think we did alright. We had to break out the neighbors big tractor (Thanks Denny!) to get the last few logs on. Dad rigged up a pulley system between trees but we lost control of one and it turned into a battering ram on the back wall. I thought it was going to break right out the other side but it held without a scratch. I guess that was the strength test. Next weekend we'll finish up the logs and finish figuring out how we're doing the roof. Oh yeah and Jonah shot a rabbit.














No comments:

Post a Comment